Cat and I whipped this zucchini noodle dish up last weekend with what I had in the fridge. We had a very busy day and wanted something quick and easy for lunch. I made it again yesterday for lunch, and it is quite refreshing, especially when the mercury is pushing 110 degrees in Arizona. The toasted pistachios add a nice crunchiness to the zucchini noodles, and the avocado makes it so creamy, it’s almost a dream. Just make sure to prepare the avocado sauce close to serving time, to avoid it to turn brown. You can, however, prepare your zucchinis way ahead of time. Keep them refrigerated.
- 3 big zucchini, spiralized or in thin juliennes
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon (to taste)
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup pistachios, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint, to serve
In a medium mixing bowl, mash the avocados with a fork. Add the shallots, mint, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix with the spiralized or julienned zucchinis. Add the peas and stir delicately. Serve into shallow bowls and garnish with pistachios and fresh mint.